SubmissionsSend us your manuscript
Please review our following guidelines for submitting fiction and non-fiction manuscripts to be considered for publication.
Flanker Press publishes general trade books with strong Newfoundland and Labrador content. We concentrate on regional non-fiction and historical fiction.
Please adhere to the following guidelines for submitting manuscripts for consideration:
- In a cover letter, please indicate the genre of the work (e.g. fiction, non-fiction, short story, etc.), the intended audience of the work, and the approximate length of the work.
- You must provide an e-mail address.
- With the submission, please include a synopsis of the manuscript and 3-4 sample chapters.
- Please include a biography of the author (a full C.V. is preferred) indicating writing experience, credentials, and award or award nominations, if applicable.
- Please include representative reviews, if you are previously published.
- If you wish to have manuscripts returned, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORK ( e.g. illustrations, photos, etc.)
Please note, although care is taken, we cannot assume responsibility for the loss of manuscript or illustrative material.
For that reason, it is advisable not to send us original materials. Please submit copies only.
Email submissions will not be considered for publication.
All manuscript submissions must be made by mail to the following address:
Flanker Press Ltd.
Unit # 1 - 1243 Kenmount Road
Attn: Jerry Cranford
While we receive many submissions each year, we publish 20 books per year on average. The review process typically takes up to 6 months, though it may take longer in some instances. Phone calls and emails will not expedite this process. We appreciate your patience. Please include a self addressed stamped envelope for your reply.
Thank you for considering Flanker Press.